Final Portrait

Read on from previous post

With my previous attempts lacking, I decided to simplify things a little and focus on the one idea to push through. This final self portrait reveals a dramatic instance of my identity, a state of absolute despair (perhaps in trying to develop a substantial final portrait!), in an invigorating manner with a dynamic layering of painterly strokes. Such a choice of emotion not only becomes more fitting in the expressive chaotic nature, but is also highly personal and revealing of my own part of identity.

Final Portrait



While I am very pleased with the outcome feeling that it greatly captures the essence of myself, progressing far from my previous digital paintings in achieving an expressive painterly feel; I cannot help but feel I am missing a creative leap if you will. I've attempted to do much more on a conceptual level but just could not achieve a standard where I could be satisfied on the execution. Perhaps I'm just being too critical of myself and is just me thinking all too hard.

Nevertheless, here is my final portrait in portraying a dramatic instance of my identity, that I hope you'll all enjoy. Your feedback and thoughts are most welcome.

2 comments:

Jordan Buckner said...

Looks great Leo, really really great. Love the colour and power to it, just seems to jump out at you and capture the mood perfectly :)

Leo Tsang said...

Thanks a lot Jordan :) Your portrait was awesome too in capturing the perfect tone of a convincing death autopsy - just waiting for you to post it up so I can comment more :P

Post a Comment